Monday, July 18, 2011

Untitled Post

Yes, the untitled post. One of my favorite parts of blogging is choosing a title. It's also one of my least favorite parts. in other words, sometimes I come up with a post based on a title I came up with or a post could only be titled ___.. but other times I sit and stare at the screen. I have several posts written that are sitting on my blogger profile staring me in the face every day waiting for their hopeless, careless creator to name them.  but this post is actually going to be named! Albeit the name is horrible and mundane, but it is still a name.

This post, however has absolutly nothing to do with names, be they good or bad. Actually it really has nothing to do with anything. If I had to give it another name I would probably call it "the random mumblings of a random girl".

Anyhoo, on to the important stuff {ha}

First, Today is my First. Ever. Band practice!! {jumps up and does a jig anround the living room singing a song of how proud she is of herself}  o.k. now don't get your hopes up, I'm not playin any time soon {wipes a tear}, James {the music teacher} thought it would be good for me to "shadow" the violinist, that's all. But I'm still really excited! and a little nervous. ok, very nervous...

Second, My friend {anyone got any tips on writing "friend" with a southern accent? for now just please read it that way!} Lucia Marie is hosting a giveaway. AAANNNDDD, the prize is.......   {drumroll...}....   FUDGE!!!!  MUAHAHAHAAAA! a whole pound of fudge that will show up at some lucky persons front door! you should go enter!

Third, Whole Fruits is the best atedote for post work out sleepines as well as HOT summer days...  My new *love*!

{I apologive for the poor picture quality - My popsicle was melting!}

Yummeh


This brings me to number Four.  See the little green head in the upper right hand corner of the picture?  Let me tell you what, that lil Lego guy is inspiring... {note - some of the following pictures may not be suitable for young children. Parnetal guidance suggested.}

Ahhh, how the mighty have fallen {grabs a kleenex}



Bloody battle scene {brief pause to find another box of kleenex}


For some, the scent of victory is in the air {or is that lunch cooking???}. I think they were doing the robot, C3-P0 is the best. Even though my brother says he wasn't at the battle of endor, which apparantly is what this is.  What would we do without little brothers to tell us everything there is to know about Star Wars?


Five - ok ya'll, I just have to rave for a minute. We had this cake at a friends house once, and Loved It.  Turns out it was just a yellow cake mix with chocolate frosting and COCONUT!! Yellow cake with chocolate frosting has always been our favorite when it comes to box cake mixes, and adding the coconut just takes the party to a whole new level....  It's sooo good!

Six - A few days ago, we were at the thrift store and I found a sweater that I loved. It was Fair Isle {aaaaahh} in browns and pinks.  PLUS, it was made out of a cotton/wool blend with just enough Angora to make it oh so soft...  If you've known me for a while, you probably know that I knit. But you may not know that I am in *love* with Fair Isle, I actually want to go there. you also may not know that my *dream* is to have like 100 acres, and raise sheep and angora rabbits. soo I knew I had to get this sweater.  the problem was that it didn't fit me. No worries, the answer was simple, write down the Fair Isle pattern, frog the sweater, and use the yarn to make somethin else, say a pair of socks?  I'm still froggin', but I'll let ya'll know when I've made something!

Seven - Maggie got a puppy cut! Sorry, no photos, she's not at all photogenic, so just take my word for it, she looks adorable!

Congratulations! you made it to the end of my ramblings! {Crickets}  Gotta go get ready for band! hopefully I will remember my violin!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Those sound like all the delights of a lovely summer... thank you for sharing!

In Christ,
~Shannon~